Motherboard RAID problem

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sun Aug 20 20:38:02 UTC 2006

Am 20.08.2006 um 21:24 schrieb Bill Blue:

> Now, when the ar0s1a-f devices do show up, does the boot device
> actually get changed from ad4* to ar0* or do I need to boot single
> user while it's talking to ad4* and change the mount points and
> reboot?  I've never played much with changing boot devices.

loader(8) will parse the /etc/fstab of the partition it's on to find
the root filesystem and use whatever device specification it finds
there to pass to the kernel.  To boot off the RAID, you'll need to
change the fstab to the proper device.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140