portsnap mirror servers

Yousef Raffah yraffah at savola.com
Sat Apr 22 12:48:23 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 07:33 -0500, Martin Jackson wrote:
> >> I'm using 6.1-RC built on Apr 18 but that problem was there even on
> >> 6.0-RELEASE
> >
> > Are you using an HTTP proxy?  The pre-6.1 series portsnap did not play
> > nicely with HTTP proxies.  There were some patches committed in March or
> > so to address PR's on the subject.  I haven't had an opportunity to test
> > the changes in my work environment (which requires HTTP proxy use) yet,
> > but they look promising.
>
> Yech, sorry.  What I meant to say was that portsnap didn't play nicely
> with proxies *requiring authentication*.  The patches should address
> that, though I haven't tried them personally.
>
> The way to specify auth information should be:
>
>             HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy.example.com:8080
>             HTTP_PROXY_AUTH=basic:*:<user>:<pwd>
>
> (from man 3 fetch).

Thank you for this information but my proxy settings does not require
authentication.

I just tried changing my proxy settings from
http_proxy="http://my.proxy.server:8080" to
HTTP_PROXY=http://my.proxy.server:8080 and it worked! :D

I will keep on monitoring that and will report back if I have any
issues.

Thank you very much for your help