USB & ACPI getting better but not quite there - IBM T42p

Georg-W. Koltermann gwk-fbsd at mnet-mail.de
Mon Apr 17 21:29:42 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, den 15.04.2006, 20:50 +0200 schrieb Georg-W. Koltermann:
> Hi,
>
> I was delighted to see that my laptop now wakes up fine when booted from
> an external USB disk with 6.1-RC1 (actually RELENG_6_1 supped
> yesterday).  I had inadvertently suspended, and it did come back up when
> hitting the power switch!

Hmm, I regret to follow up that this only works in rare cases.  Most of
the time the machine hangs during suspend, or runs into USB timeouts
(umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT), or both -- I'm not sure, I may have
been impatient before seeing the USB timeout message sometimes.

Also on one occasion where the suspend did work I then power cycled the
disk before resume, and then at resume I got a panic about not being
able to access the disk.

So I guess I was wrong with about 98% of my statements :-(  -- it
doesn't work yet.

--
Regards,
Georg.