sio+acpi woes on HP DL145 G2

Mars G. Miro marsgmiro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 11:46:15 UTC 2006

On 4/9/06, Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Mars G. Miro wrote:
>
> MGM> There's a BIOS update but doesn't really seem relevant as it only
> MGM> fixes HBA stuff:
> MGM> http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23932.html
> MGM> ( add to that the lousy prerequisite I must have win2k/win2k3
> MGM> installed ... grrrr)
>
> Hmm, other BIOS Updates may be relevant, yes. Which version of Main BIOS do
> you
> have?

Ok the box is:
 Phoenix Server BIOS 3 RELEASE 6.1
 BIOS ROM ID HPSYSTEM BIOS - O05
 BIOS Version 2.09
 Build date 05/05/05
 IPMI Specification V 1.5
 BMC Firmware 1.00.00000000

 And there's only 1 BIOS update on their site for this box.

> Actually, you should not have win2k installed on the very same server;
> however,
> prior to iLO 1.21 you *must* use USB floppy to boot from. If you need to I
> can
> prepare .img files for dd for you - just drop a note ;-)

Actually I do not have win2k on it, I meant that the prerequisite for
installing the new firmware is win2k/win2k3(w/c is a REAL PITA), as
stated on their site in the URL I gave.

> I did not dig into these .EXE format though - it seems there should be
> rather
> straightforward process to extract floppy images from HP soft updates...

That would be interesting :-)

Thanks.