Disappointed

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Fri Apr 7 13:03:32 UTC 2006

Alexey Karagodov wrote:
> ok! tell me, how can i help you to make "stable" - stable?
> please. don't answer me - GIVE US MONEY!
> i will not pay!

(1) install -STABLE on a variety of hardware and put load on it

(2) carefully note any issues, collecting as much detail as possible

(3) search the archives and the documentation to find out if the
issue is already addressed by configuration elements or procedures
that you can tune or try yourself

(4) if you didn't fix the problem at step 3, take a few deep
breaths, open your mind, and post a properly detailed question to
the proper list. Ideally, do this without injecting lots of attitude
or disappointment, since those will not help get the problem fixed
and may in fact result in not getting help . Generally no one is
expected to pay cash, but since we don't pay cash we should at least
pay respect.

(5) apply suggested patches, perform suggested tests, add requested
details, then return to step number (2) as needed.

(6) Repeat from step (1) as frequently as you have time to give.

If you don't have the time or patience for all this work, choose:

(a) pay someone to have the time and patience for you
(b) stick to running -RELEASE

Sorry, I know you said not to say "pay", but note that this is
suggested in the context of you making a choice, it is not a demand
you must submit to.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348