FreeBSD 6.1 Release day

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 6 19:12:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 06:08:43PM +0200, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote..
> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:20:09 +0300
> "SoHo.NET" <soho at odessa.net> wrote:
>
> > It have to be released in 1 or 2 weeks after Announcement 20 march
>
> It doesn't *have* to be released on a specific date - it will be
> released when the team is convinced it is ready.
>
> > 2006 As I can see here
> > http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/schedule.html
>
> Note that release schedules are plans, and, as we all know, plans
> change.

Correct.

For what it is worth:  Release Candidate 1 (RC1) was in the works
today.  Was, because there was a small snafu that caused the release
builds to fail in the documentation generation phase.  This is being
worked now.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org