Disappointed

Chris H. bsd at 1command.com
Thu Apr 6 13:40:36 UTC 2006

Quoting Alexey Karagodov <karagodov at gmail.com>:

> 2006/4/6, Dennis Melentyev <dennis.melentyev at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Alexey,
>>
>> 2006/4/6, Alexey Karagodov <karagodov at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > hi.
>> > i think, this unstablity happaning just because developers trying to
>> > make
>> > two systems at one time, one is 6.0 and another 7.0 current and they
>> > supporting old version, lower then 6.0
>> > i want to ask developers, why you developing new system, 7.0, if you
>> > don't
>> > finish old, 6.0 ?!
>> > finish 6.0, make it work, and upgrade it to 7.0 and to 8.0 and to
>> 9.0and so
>> > on ...
>> > what so new and revolutionary in 7.0 in comparison with 6.0 ?!
>> > to use your system i must be a DEVELOPER, but i don't have so much time!
>>

>> 'Must' is a toooo strong word. If they wish - they will. If you need you
>> have two options: do it yourself or pay some money to someone who can.
>> Period. Or have you paid them for that? :)
>> Just don't use any system in production without having it tested first.
>> This world is not perfect, and software is way less perfect than world. :)
>>

> ok. then, freebsd-developers may change "The Power To Serve" to "The Power
> To Test", "FreeBSD is an advanced operating system " to "FreeBSD is
> an advanced operating system in stage of forever development", etc.
> pay money to use stable (working) product or help us to develope it for free

Boy. I don't get it. It hasn't cost you anymore than time to use FreeBSD.
If your concerned with how a particular version runs on various hardware,
simply wait to see what others experiences have been with it. You are not
*required* to use the latest version(s). For that matter; you're not
required to use it at all. But personally, after years of usage; I'd have
to say that all-in-all, you'd be hard pressed to find a better OS - especially
for the money. ;)

--Chris

--
Linux is not,