FreeBSD unstable on Dell 1750 using SMP?

Rutger Bevaart rutger.bevaart at illian-networks.nl
Wed Apr 5 07:19:18 UTC 2006

It doesn't look like a power problem. We have it with several systems
in different datacenters. I've tried the "giantlock" setting, let's
hope it works! Am I safe to assume that it can (negatively) impact
performance of the system? What can be the cause of "fine grained
locking" causing the crashes? I'm willing to let a developer play
around with one of the affected machines...

Thanks again for the suggestion Ulrich.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind Regards,
Rutger Bevaart