Installation Problem.

DUKE NUKEM subgamer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 18:13:25 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm having problems getting FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4 and 6.0 BETA3 installed
on my box.  I downloaded the i386 images, and whenever I boot to cd
for the installation, it reboots once 'BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is
1.01' is printed.  I've checked the md5 checksum and they matched, so
that's not the problem.  I've also disabled hardware in BIOS, along
with removing any hardware I wouldn't need from my box, and neither of
those did the job either.

HDD - Seagate ST36540A
Processor - Pentium MMX 233MHz
BIOS - AMIBIOS v1.00.12.DN0R
Graphic Card - Trident TGUI 9680
RAM - 64MB ED0

I'm not sure if you need any of that information, but if you do, there
it is.  So, any ideas?  I plan to build a better computer to run
FreeBSD on, just I was eager to try BSD out and I didn't have any
other computers laying around other than the one I use.  With the
exception of this one, but I don't want to replace XP quite yet.

Thanks, Jeaton.