5.4: Can't start ssh due to entropy source blocking?

Stephane Raimbault stephane at enertiasoft.com
Thu Sep 1 15:45:35 PDT 2005

further more I just did another test and discovered that by setting
this sysctl back (seems like /etc/rc.d/sshd start set's it to 0)

sysctl -w kern.random.sys.seeded=1

I can do host and nslookup's again... however still the same problem
with /etc/rc.d/sshd start.  I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, it's
was a pretty basic install, setup network, caching dns server, ntpd,
and now trying to get sshd running.

Any further thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Stephane