Boot manager problem

Jayton Garnett jay at codegurus.org
Sat Oct 15 15:24:40 PDT 2005

Carl Gustavsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem is that there's not an option to select the
> scsi-controller as first boot device.  I can boot on the scsi-disc but
> only if i don't have any IDE-discs in it. If I put in IDE-discs it
> tries to boot to the first IDE-disc. The BIOS is very limited in the
> ProLiant 400.
>
> FreeBSD is already installed on the machine and I don't need to
> reinstall it. The problem is only that it won't boot to the scsi disc
> if I dont write "1:da(0,a)/boot/loader" at the boot prompt every time
> i want to boot it. So I want the boot manager to boot to
> "1:da(0,a)/boot/loader" as default.
>
> / Carl Gustavsson

Have you tried another boot loader like GAG? I found it easy to install
and use. I have it installed on a floppy with all my OS's config'd so I
can either boot via the floppy or use the floppy to install it on the
hard disk without any further configuration.

http://gag.sourceforge.net

Hope this helps
Jayton