Disable hifn crypto card?

Brandon Fosdick bfoz at bfoz.net
Fri Oct 7 18:30:00 PDT 2005

I have a Soekris crypto card (hifn driver) in a box that I don't have immediate access to. Is there some way to disable the card w/o rebooting the machine? I know I could take the driver out of the kernel or force it not to load, but that requires a reboot that I'd like to avoid if possible. hifn is currently compiled into the kernel so I can't do a kldunload either. That was the first thing I thought of, but apparently today is not my lucky day.

Thanks