twa kernel panic under heavy IO

Brandon Fosdick bfoz at bfoz.net
Fri Oct 7 18:26:29 PDT 2005

Vinod Kashyap wrote:
>>How did you figure out the versions? I'm looking at his
>>dmesg, and my own, and I'm not seeing the version info in a
>>recognizable form. I must admit that I haven't been able to
>>grok the 3ware version numbers at all, so maybe I'm dense.
>>What am I missing?
>

> 9.1.5.2 and 9.2 are releases from 3ware, of packages of software and
> firmware
> for 9000 series controllers.  The driver version he has (2.50.02.012) is
> from
> the 9.1.5.2 release, and is part of FreeBSD 5.4.  The driver version
> corresponding
> to the 9.2 release that's on 5 -STABLE is 3.50.00.017.  You can
> view/download the different releases from 3ware on the 3ware website.

Thanks, that helped. I take it that you just have to know this somehow? Is there a list somewhere that shows the mapping between FreeBSD, driver, and firmware versions?

The 3ware page has 9.2.1.1, which is what I updated to when I installed my 9500, but since then I've cvsup'd to 5-stable. Do I now have mismatched driver-firmware versions? How do I check this in the future? (besides bothering you about it)

And since we're here...is there any reason to update to 9.3 if I only have a 9500S?

Thanks