Why Move . . .

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Sat May 28 10:38:15 PDT 2005

Phares Kariuki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im currently running fedora core 2. I was informed about this list by a
> friend running freebsd. Now what I wanted to ask is whether any one of you
> has used any redhat flavours, if so, what is the distinct advantage of
> moving to freebsd ( i have never used it), i cant just migrate because the
> machines I have access to are production machines.

I can't tell you that FreeBSD is better for your needs.

However, I have found that I agree with what this person has to say on
the matter.

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php

I fiddled with Linux for several years, not getting very far, then I
found FreeBSD, and got the consistency and stability and ease of use
that I sought.

Kurt