problems with ASR card/5.4

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Wed May 18 19:20:33 PDT 2005

   Hi Doug,

	well, pulling cards demonstrated where the problem lie, but it
   was not a hardware problem. By chance, I happened upon the "options
   ASR_COMPAT" directive, and that solved my problem. However, the
   GENERIC kernel configuration for i386 does NOT have this option, but
   it does have the "asr" driver configured.

	Having one but not the other causes problems, as I discovered.

							Bruce