Boot loader cant identify ntfs?

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Wed May 18 13:39:38 PDT 2005

Dan Nelson wrote:

> The next release should:
> RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/boot/i386/boot0/boot0.S,v
[...]

Obviously the Right Way of doing such things is to move this into the
2nd stage boot loader... I can't think of any reason (except quick
hackery) why this hasn't been done that way.  I mean, one could retain a
simple choice of which disk/partition to boot in the 1st stage (to cover
all eventualities), and maybe hide it by having to hit a key, and do the
real menu in the 2nd stage, perhaps integrated with the kernel options
boot menu.

mkb.