OT: Alright you primitive screwheads, LISTEN UP!!

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue May 17 11:41:58 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 08:17:10PM +0200, Marc Olzheim wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:37:37AM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	Anybody on this geek list know any other societies where the
> > 	surname is traditionally presented first and the given name
> > 	last?
>
> Geek list ? Ah! That probably means I'm allowed to say Star Trek's
> Bajorans suffer from it... :-P

	Aye, Mr Olzheim!  And now, Scotty, see if you can get us
	out of here! (And: "He's *dead*, Jim.")  &c.

	For as off-the-wall as this thread began, it's been
	instructive.  Geeks are pretty much informal, but it's
	nice to know the correct (polite) way to address people
	from other socities.  Just one reason I appreciate FBSD.

	gary  (--trekkie to the end!)

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix