nForce[34] chipsets?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri May 13 11:22:41 PDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:39:48 -0400, Damian Gerow
<dgerow at afflictions.org> wrote:

> Thus spake Ivan Voras (ivoras at fer.hr) [13/05/05 07:37]:
> : Some time ago, there were complaints that nForce chipsets don't work
> very  : well on FreeBSD - specifically various components like
> built-in NIC, sound  : card, ACPI...
> :
> : Is this still true? What about nForce4 (PCI-Express) support?
> :
> : (I'm interested in 5.x branch only)
>
> I'm using it right now, under 5.4-STABLE (about a week ago).  The
> PCI-E graphics card works fine, but randomly the display in X.org goes
> wonky: all the windows just go white when they try to refresh.
>
> Swapping to a text console then back to X.org fixes the problem.
> Dunno if it's an issue with FreeBSD, the card, the nv driver, or X.org
> itself.

My amd64 box, running 6.0-CURRENT, has had only very minor problems
related to the nForce3 chipset, mainly some weirdness with ACPI.  Other
than that, the box works fine; I've experienced no majorly bizarre
behavior with it yet.

For what it's worth...  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"