apm in 5.4

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Thu May 12 09:03:03 PDT 2005

Ronald Klop wrote:

> Report your panic on the mailinglist or using send-pr. I can't help you
> with it, but there are people who can.
> Try to compile a kernel with apm in and acpi not in and I think I have
> also something like pmtimer which is used by apm. And make sure acpi
> isn't  loaded as a module.

I don't know if that's worth it... acpi is known to be rather flakey on
older machines (such as this notebook) and, given the average response
time to the PRs I have filed, I'm not sure I still have this machine
when it then gets some attention...  I'll now try and build a kernel
with apm built in, as apparently the .ko doesn't do anything.  Maybe
this will work.

mkb.