Use PCMCIA instead of CardBus?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu May 12 01:57:10 PDT 2005

In message: <42816F8F.4040500 at incubus.de>
            Matthias Buelow <mkb at incubus.de> writes:
: Kirk Strauser wrote:
:
: > Basically, for a magic formula to make my non-Cardbus PCMCIA card work under
: > FreeBSD (without throwing "CIS is too long" errors) just like it does under
: > OpenBSD, NetBSD, and Linux.
:
: I'm trying to do similar things.. I'm trying to get a wi0 wi-fi card
: working on non-cardbus pcmcia.  It worked mostly (with acpi disabled) on
: 5.3.  With 5.4 now I just get device timeout.  Plus, the sysinstall for
: several iterations of the same manual procedure set the interface down
: (and kept it down) after I manually configured it in the fixit shell
: (providing the same options in sysinstall's network dialog wouldn't
: work).  Ah.. the pain...  I think I'll switch back to NetBSD on that box
: aswell, which ran fine. *sigh*

Sounds like a PCI routing issue, if you are getting device timeouts.

Warner