[Solved] RE: /usr/ports/devel/gettext will not build from ports on 5.4-Relea

W C woodycarey at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 20:35:51 PDT 2005

It was a _real basic_ system when I encountered this failure:  [dnetc was
not installed yet]  [neither was gmake]

$ pkg_info
dnetc-2.9008.491_1,1 Distributed.net distributed computing project client
gettext-0.14.1      GNU gettext package
gmake-3.80_2        GNU version of 'make' utility
libiconv-1.9.2_1    A character set conversion library
libtool-1.5.10_1    Generic shared library support script (version 1.5)
perl-5.8.6_2        Practical Extraction and Report Language
$

The second time I ran make, I did not get the nice blue curses interface to
choose
examples or html man pages for gettext, it just built [without either, I
assume].

I tried to build gettext on my second 5.4-R test machine, [also a bare-metal
install this morning] this time without examples, and it built straightaway.