burncd erase hangs at 83%

Michael A. Koerber mak at ll.mit.edu
Mon May 2 07:07:31 PDT 2005

All,

1.  I've noticed that on two separate systems, both running 5.3-RELEASE
that 'burncd -vef /dev/acd0 erase' hangs at 83%.  This is true for a
couple different CD-RW discs (one brand new, never been used).

2.  I've been able to burn ISO file systems with no problems.  However,
I've not been able to burn audio CD's using any of the burncd methods in
the handbook nor with any of the "googled" burncd incantations.

3.  Are these burncd (known) problems?  Is there a near term fix?

tnx

mike