5.4-PRERELEASE panics on boot with ipod shuffle plugged in

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Mon Mar 21 17:55:21 PST 2005

Ian Dowse writes:

>If possible, could you try updating to the latest 5.x-STABLE? I've
>just finished merging all of the recent changes from -CURRENT, so
>there is a good chance that things might work better now.

yes.. will take an hour, or two.

>By the way, did you have `device ehci' compiled into your kernel?
>The support for EHCI controllers is what should be most improved
>by the recent updates.

yes:

ehci0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xffa80800-0xffa80bff irq 21 at device 29.7 on pci0
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb0
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb1
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb2
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb3
usb4: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0

mkb.