I can not surf on Flash powered sites.

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 3 00:31:38 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> >
> > Why don't you run firefox with -g and get a dump and backtrace
> > out of it?
>
> Because, as I said earlier this thread:
>
>    I do try it every couple of weeks to see if it works, but the best it
>    gets is two-three web sites and then the seg fault. I realize until I
>    sit down with a stack trace I haven't earned the right to complain, so I
>    haven't yet, figuring it'll be important enough someday to someone
>    clueful enough.  Or, Macromedia will some day lighten up and let Mozilla
>    include it as part of the web browser by default.  Or something.
>
> ...and that I've got nowhere near the chops to do anything useful with a
> stack trace that I'm sure others do.  I thought I'd pipe up in response to
> Ruben's message to provide a data point.  Am I the only one for whom
> Firefox and www/flashplugin-firefox doesn't work?

Is it that hard to type 'firefox -g', alias firefox="firefox -g", or
whatever, and use it that way for a few days to see if you can
get a trace?  I'm just wondering if it has the same problem
as linuxpluginwrapper, or bad assumptions about mutexes
being recursive or unlocking one you don't own.

Most folks I know use the linuxpluginwrapper so we don't have
any experience with the native flash player.  I think I recall
trying it and it not working, hence the use of linuxpluginwrapper.

--
DE