I can not surf on Flash powered sites.

Phil Schulz ph.schulz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 23:23:22 GMT 2005

On 03/01/05 23:23, Ege Mukan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am the Freebsd+Xfce4 user from Turkey. Recently (on 26th of Feb 2005),
> I've CVSUP my system  using stable-suppfile and ports-suppfile. And un
> expectedly my system became 5.4 Prelease. I've installed firefox 1.0
> and mozilla 1.7, and also flashplugin for them from the ports directory.
>
> Nowavadays whenever I want to surf on websites which contains flash
> things my firefox or mozilla shuts itself.

The reason for mozilla/firefox to exit with signal 6 is a MFC from three
weeks ago:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_mutex.c?f=h#rev1.45.2.1

The commit message suggests that www/linuxpluginwrapper needs to be
rebuild, which will not be easy until you have followed the instructions
from the 20041231 entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING

Regards,

Phil.