Xorg 6.8.1

Michael Schuh michael.schuh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:00:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

i have relatively early updated my XFree to Xorg. In Version 6.7.x
it has an problematic driver for Intel's Ich2 I815 Graphik-Card.

The Developers say's this should be fixed in 6.8.1, may i have seen that
it's not really. The failures are a little bit less then fromer with
6.7.x but it's
the same feeling. Just open on this box an Firefox or Mozilla window, with
an big Page ( like handbook in single page) and scroll with your mouse-wheel
up and down, then it was a good chance that the XServer crashes.

The really reason couldnt found by me, may it crashes 2 or 3 times a day.

may i think this is only related to i815. on other boxes i couldnt
repeat this behavior.

The Upgrade from Xfree to xorg was really good described in /usr/ports/UPGRADING
and was without problems, but the handling of different keyboard-type
is a little bit different
(eg. for german users), but no really a problem.

regards