What to use to get remote display from a amd64 machine?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Tue Jun 7 20:21:16 GMT 2005

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:03:41 +0200
Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:

> Stock X is sufficient.

Well, stock X will probably work. I have used that in the past on a
per-program basis. You know, the 'DISPLAY=host:0.0 program ...' routine.

I'm sorry that my little question lacked enough detail to avoid all this
confusion. On the other hand, it sparked an interssting debate. :)
The enironment is LAN.
The reason that I forgot to mention stock X, is that vnc (which I'm
partial to, since that's what I have been using) is so much easier to
use:
a) it gives me a complete X desktop which is separate from the X desktop
I use when I log in locally. This means I can tailor the remote desktop
to another wm, another display size and so on.
b) it allows me to run the display in a web browser (java required)

> My users use ThinBSD based thin clients to connect to a
> FreeBSD/amd64 server.

And on the server you run xdm or something like that?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen