What to use to get remote display from a amd64 machine?

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Jun 7 13:51:59 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:19:19PM +0200, Marc Olzheim wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:03:41PM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> >
> > Stock X is sufficient.
>
> That's really not a substitue for nxserver's performance... Assuming
> Torfinn is working over a high latency connection.

I assumed the environment was a lan.
For a wan, ssh display forwarding and compression could help.

> Perhaps run the nxserver compiled on i386 in compat32 mode... ?

I would be very interested by the results.

The only showstopper to obtain an amd64 binary seems to be the lack of
-fPIC somewhere in the Makefiles. Perhaps a future version could be run
natively.

--
Francois Tigeot