ndis no longer detects netgear wg311v2

pcasidy at casidy.com pcasidy at casidy.com
Fri Jul 1 12:54:14 GMT 2005

On  1 Jul, Phil Bowens wrote:
> FWIW, I am having the *exact* same problem starting today.  I hadn't
> updated my STABLE machine since April. NDIS was working fine (save a
> frew crashes) before I updated last night.. and now NDIS will not even
> talk about the card. There is also a slight freeze on the machine
> after the if_ndis module is loaded.
>
> I will do some more investigating, but now there's at least two of us.
> Did you ever find a fix?

I had a similar problem with a recent system update two days ago.
I noticed that the if_ndis.ko was half smaller and there was not any
reference to my NIC anymore.
After a few search I noticed that ndisgen is a tool able to generate a
specific loadable module based on .inf and .sys.
So I used ndisgen, copied the generated ko to /boot/kernel and manually
kldload it : my NIC was back.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a good resource about the
correct procedure to generate the module but I have a bigger problem
than this one at the moment :(

Hope that helps.

Phil.