Use loader to load kernel.gz and mfsroot.gz in ext2 filesystem?

=?gb2312?B?wfUg0e8=?= ppmmssgg at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:48:46 PST 2005

Hi,sorry to bother you^-^

I have a problem about the loader of freebsd

I put loader,kernel.gz and mfsroot.gz in an ext2(dos) file system on
harddisk,and hope to directly use grub or use grub and loader(or other
means?) to boot the system.

When I use grub to transfer loader,I find it(freebsd loader) can't read
files in ext2(dos) file system,and when i use grub 0.93 of redhat 9.0 to
directly load mfsroot.gz by "initrd /mfsroot.gz",it fails with "linux
kernel must be loaded before initrd".

My goal is to put install.cfg,freebsd kernel and mfsroot on harddisk,then
boot from harddisk into freebsd,and install it from original freebsd cd.

Any one helps?
any answers are appreciated.^-^