5.3-RELEASE crashes during make buildworld (and other problems)

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jan 10 23:28:15 PST 2005

I am wondering if cpu overheating could be a factor. In 4.x you are
building with gcc 2.95,  whereas 5.3 uses 3.4 - the 3.x compiler takes
longer and works harder, which may be generating more heat (i.e too much
heat).

You can test this by installing the cpuburn port and running it for
10-20 minutes.

regards

Mark