downgrading ports

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Tue Jan 4 12:47:22 PST 2005

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:32:32PM -0800 or thereabouts, Tejas Kokje wrote:

> I just upgraded to perl 5.6 using perl5 port. However some of
> my scripts are not working due to compatibility problems. How do
> I revert back to the system (base) version of perl that comes
> with 4.10.

   What kind of compatibility problems did you run into? Missing
   modules? Or? I think it was Matthew Seaman, who posted here nice guide
   of upgrading existing perl modules to be usable with new (port)
   version of perl. I will look into it... ah here it is:

   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-April/043400.html

   Also Kent Stewart (in reply to Matthew's posting) has mentioned that
   one has to upgrade also automake due to its need for perl.

   Anyway there is a command to revert to previous (system) version of
   perl. Just type use.perl system and you are good to go.

   	Cheers,

	Martin

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"