burncd freeze system

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Mon Jan 3 23:10:33 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-Jan-04 00:20:59 +0100, Norbert Augenstein wrote:
>    i have tried to burn an iso of 26MB of size, and my system locks
>    up so i have to reboot.

/var/log/messages is unlikely to include the last 30 seconds or so of
logging following a crash.  Try running burncd from the console and
see if there are any messages.

Also, you might like to expand on "locks up".  Can you ping the system
from another host?  Switch VTYs?  If you have DDB enabled, can you
enter it?

>    As i can burn it in Win, i am out of ideas.

I presume this is Winbloze on the same host (dual-boot).

--
Peter Jeremy