Anyone with an ste(4) card?

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 26 15:09:06 GMT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 10:06 am, Bob Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At 14:46 26/08/2005, John Baldwin wrote:
> >Is there anyone with an ste(4) ethernet adapter?  I have some fixes to the
> >locking for HEAD so that it runs without Giant and no one has stepped up
> > to test them.  If no one has the hardware and is willing to test the
> > patches then I'll remove the driver from HEAD in a few weeks.
>
> I can do some testing on this. One question: did you really mean to post
> this to -stable?

Yes because I posted to current@ at least a week ago and no one responded. :)
The patch is at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/ste_locking.patch and it
should apply ok to HEAD.  It might not apply to 6.x, but I'll go try to get
the other printf changes merged back to 6.x so that the patch should apply
and work ok on 6.x as well.  I'm not sure if the patches will apply to 5.x.