Installing 5.4-S on nvidia raid1?

Vladimir Botka vlado at botka.homeunix.org
Fri Aug 12 06:04:33 GMT 2005

Hello,
I am afraid the nvidia on-board raid controller is not supported. Take a
look at hardware notes:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware-i386.html
You will have to use either supported raid controller or use software
raid:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=vinum&sektion=8
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=gmirror&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+5.4-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html
http://dannyman.toldme.com/2005/01/24/freebsd-howto-gmirror-system/