tester needed: problems in 5.3R errata solved?

Alexander Chamandy bsdfreak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:27:17 PDT 2005

On 4/20/05, Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Before 5.4R is released, I would like to make sure which problems
>  described in 5.3R errata[*] are solved and which are not.
>  If you had a problem on 5.3R and you make sure it is solved (or
>  still persists) on 5.4-RC series, could you please inform us?
>  Any comments are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

I was having some problems with the sk(4) driver under FreeBSD 5.3R.
I'll see if it is still present on FreeBSD 5.4RC3 and write back.
Essentially, the card would lock up under heavy load and wouldn't
respond unless it was ifconfig'd down and up several times.  This was
an onboard Yukon GigE chipset.

--
Best wishes,

Alexander G. Chamandy