Sound problem

Warren shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Fri Apr 8 00:45:47 PDT 2005

> You don't have to put "device sound" in your kernel config.  I use the
> following in /boot/loader.conf:
> sound_load="YES"
> snd_es137x_load="YES"
>
> I wonder if you are experiencing some weird interaction between using
> snd_via8233 as a module and compiling device sound into the kernel.  Try
> either compiling everything into the kernel or only using modules for
> sound.
>
> Jon

Well im not sure if what you suggested was the reasoning behind it fixing
itself and allowing me ot laod the sound module .. but after taking your
advice and removing sound from the kernel cvsupin everything and rechecking
all cables .. it miraculously allowed me to load the drivers, so thanks.
--
Yours Sincerely
Shinjii