FreeBSD + Rainbow Cryptoswift

Rumen Telbizov altares at e-card.bg
Tue Jan 27 00:55:19 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 01:57:17PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 10:56 AM 26/01/2004, Rumen Telbizov wrote:
> >I don't see anything related to RSA computations?!
> >Do you see any real acceleration in the RSA operations
> >while using this card or there is NO support for RSA in
> >the crypto device ?
>
> Nope, no RSA support.

Wow ... wait a sec.
You mean that there is NO RSA support in the /dev/crypto?
If I get it right this means that there is virtually NO card
(even with the fastest RSA) that I could use? Or at least
not to accelerate the RSA computations because the kernel
does not support the interface to the card for RSA?

I am primarily interested in accelerating the SSL handshake
and since I am using RSA key exchange (with 2048 bit keys)
this means that I better forget about those cards at all?

It is interesting that on the rainbow.com's site they say:
(http://www.rainbow.com/products/cryptoswift/index.asp)

Rainbow Technologies' Cryptoswift SSL Acceleration product line is
unparalleled
in its support of major operating systems and web servers such as:
-Win2k
-WinNT
-Sun/Solaris
-Linux
-HP/UX

-FreeBSD

-BSDi
-AIX
-Microsoft IIS
-Apache
-iPlanet
-Netscape
-C2Net Stronghold
-IBM

What kind of support do they mean? Just symmetric chipers or what?

Thank you for your reply

Rumen Telbizov