4.10 Beta

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Apr 16 06:01:07 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 04:45:01PM +0400, Roman Kurakin wrote:

>    I get following problems while installing FreeBSD 4.10 Beta.
> 1. openssl-0.9.7d no found
> (probably as dependance gnupg, I am not sure)
> 2. links-2.1.p14
> (debug console said that it is already installed or smth like that)
>
> I didn't have time to check what and why so this only information
> I can say now. If some one need more information, please let
> me know and I'll try to get more.

Thanks!

Putting the package set together for the BETA is kind of hard.
The INDEX gets built from what's available *now* for the ports/
tree, but I needed to get them from the most recent packages-4-stable
directory on the FTP mirror sites which at the point I was trying to
do this was a couple of weeks old.

I did the best I could to map version numbers and whatnot to make
what wound up on the BETA disc1 usable but there were a few packages
missing, etc.  Sorry about that.  This part of building the test
releases will be a little bit better for RC1 because there is now
a "fresher" set of packages in packages-4-stable (looks like it got
built in the Apr. 8th timeframe) and by RC2 the packages that will
be part of the release itself should be built.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |