Disk Quotas

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Thu May 15 09:55:03 PDT 2003

Hey all,

I've got quotas enabled and turned on, it works fine for my first test
user:

$ quota -u user1
Disk quotas for user user1 (uid 2001):
     Filesystem   usage   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
grace
 /var/mailboxes    2772  450000  500000              30       0       0

Then, I used the edquota to generate quotas for the next 1000 users:

$ edquota -p user1 2002-3000

Then, after adding a new user, quotas appear to not be working:

$ quota -u user3
Disk quotas for user user3 (uid 2003): none

Yet, if I edquota the user, I see this:

Quotas for user user3:
/var/mailboxes: kbytes in use: 0, limits (soft = 450000, hard = 500000)
        inodes in use: 0, limits (soft = 0, hard = 0)

And, this user is definitely using some disk space:

$ du -sx ~user3
796     /var/mailboxes/user3

Now, user2 did the same thing until I ran quotacheck, then it worked
fine.  Any ideas?

Please respond directly, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks