Old libraries and includes...

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 31 22:18:10 PST 2003

If memory serves me right, Mike Harding wrote:

> I have had some problems caused by old includes and libraries when
> building ports, and it's not very easy to de-kerberize a system.
> There used to be an option to clear out the includes when doing a
> source upgrade, this does not seem to be around any more.
>
> /usr/includes/des.h seems to be a likely cuprit...
>
> I tried moving /usr/includes and /usr/libs out of the way, but the
You mean /usr/include and /usr/lib.

> install doesn't work properly.

Could you be a little more specific than "doesn't work properly"?  :-p

I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that you can move /usr/include out
of the way before an installworld (between the "reboot to single user
mode" step and "make installworld" step).  Don't know about /usr/lib.

Bruce.