Weird messages

Craig Boston craig at meoqu.gank.org
Sun Mar 30 19:42:27 PST 2003

> It's not just you - i'm seeing similar. The emails show up fine in pine,
> but in Evolution or MS Outlook, i get exactly what you describe. I first
> noticed it on Wednesday.
>
> Gavin

Yes, after reading several other messages on the list it does indeed appear
that it's an MUA problem.  The messages view fine in KMail from home and I
also looked at the spool file itself on my mail server and the message body
really is there.

One thing that confused me is that Evolution's "view-source" feature showed a
multipart-mime encoded message but with empty parts.  Apparently that
"feature" doesn't show you the actual raw message it pulled down from the
IMAP server, but runs it through its MIME filter first and reconstructs the
source from that...  Go figure.

Craig