Weird messages

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Fri Mar 28 22:43:09 PST 2003

Peter Wemm wrote:
> I can probably fix what is going on, but I need a good before-and-after
> example of how it got mangled.
>
> Can somebody who is posting to the lists and is their posts munched
> explicitly CC: (peter at wemm.org) on a post?  I can then see what Mailman is
> objecting to about the original message formatting and why it is feeling
> the compulsion to "clean" it.
>
> I need to be on the CC: line.   Not Bcc:'ed and not forwarded.  I'll then
> look up the mangled version on the archive.

Cancel this.. I've seen it in action already. :-/

It looks like the mime support in mailman is just too smart for its own
good..  majordomo just blindly appended the trailer, but mailman is doing
it by adding a new mime section.   Eww.  Its perfectly valid mime, but
obviously the nesting is making things interesting to some mailers.

Cheers,
-Peter
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com