FreeBSD 4.8 and instabilities with Buslogic SCSI drivers in VMWare

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Thu Dec 11 20:43:44 PST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Mike Jakubik wrote:

> It seems like this list is dead, and the developers don't care anymore.
> Current is where it's at.

This is patently wrong.  Please don't do this.

Since this is an isolated report in a hard-to-reproduce environment
(vmware), its difficult to say if this is a bug in our software or a bug
in vmware. Considering the bt driver hasn't been touched in over 4 years,
I'm thinking that there may be issues in vmware.

I'd follow up with the vmware folks.