PCI range checking under qemu-system-sparc64

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 7 09:23:10 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 03:22:59PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 06/09/15 14:42, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> > Hmm, I'm running GENERIC, so it looks like everything should be already
> > there, no?  At least by looking at ./conf/files.sparc64 I don't see what
> > else ("device ???") should I add to it to get su/kb_ps2 support...
>
> I'm afraid I'm not really a BSD person, but a quick browse at the source
> on github suggests you need these drivers:
>
> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/dev/uart/uart_bus_ebus.c
> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/dev/atkbdc/atkbdc_ebus.c

Right, both of them are compiled-in by default.

> It also looks like you'd need to hack atkbdc_ebus.c to allow "kb_ps2" as
> a device name rather than just trying to match on "8042", although this
> could potentially be fixed by renaming the device in OpenBIOS moving
> forwards as long as it doesn't cause any regressions.

I've patched it to allow "kb_ps2", and removed some stuff like INVARIANTS,
WITNESS, IPSEC, etc. in faint hope to eliminate problematic code path, but
it did not help: it still hangs, apparently in the same place.

I'll try to trim kernel config a bit more, and of course would welcome any
other ideas/patches to try, thanks!

./danfe