PCI range checking under qemu-system-sparc64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 14:23:12 UTC 2015

On 06/09/15 14:42, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 02:02:01PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>> I wonder if the problem is just that suitable console drivers can't
>> be found?
>>
>>>   ebus0: <su> addr 0x14000003f8-0x14000003ff irq 43 (no driver attached)
>>>   ebus0: <kb_ps2> addr 0x1400000060-0x1400000067 (no driver attached)
>>
>> The QEMU hardware model is still a WIP and the serial port currently
>> uses a 16550A UART (su) device rather than ESCC found in real hardware,
>> while the keyboard is a simple PS2 keyboard.
>>
>> If you alter your kernel configuration to include building of the su and
>> ps2 driver modules, does this help with detection of the serial and
>> keyboard devices and if so, does boot progress any further at all?
>
> Hmm, I'm running GENERIC, so it looks like everything should be already
> there, no?  At least by looking at ./conf/files.sparc64 I don't see what
> else ("device ???") should I add to it to get su/kb_ps2 support...

I'm afraid I'm not really a BSD person, but a quick browse at the source
on github suggests you need these drivers:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/dev/uart/uart_bus_ebus.c

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/dev/atkbdc/atkbdc_ebus.c

It also looks like you'd need to hack atkbdc_ebus.c to allow "kb_ps2" as
a device name rather than just trying to match on "8042", although this
could potentially be fixed by renaming the device in OpenBIOS moving
forwards as long as it doesn't cause any regressions.

HTH,

Mark.