Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Nov 11 22:57:22 UTC 2015

Mark Linimon wrote this message on Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 14:22 -0600:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 08:17:32PM +0000, Craig Butler wrote:
> > Just to raise something else as well, port maintainers seem hesitant
> > to push sparc64 fixes in.
>
> They don't have an effective way to test them.  All they can test for
> is the no-regression case on the hardware they have access to.

I haven't seen many calls for test on the -sparc64 mailing list...  For
arches like sparc64, the only way to get patches is test on what hardware
you have, and then commit, and hope it doesn't regress for others...

Maybe we should have a sparc64 reviewers group created so that people
that want to test patches can join, and provide test results..  There
are already groups for arm, mips and powerpc..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579