Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 8 17:42:54 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 04:55:01PM +0100, Marius Strobl wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 04:19:38PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> > > On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:12 PM, Sean Bruno <sbruno at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Over time, linimon@ and me independently tried to get more sparc64
> machines there but failed. As far as I was involved the goal was to
> get hardware being offered for donation in the US there but it
> turned out that's it's just impossible to coordinate that from over
> here. However, I've been told that the primary reason for getting rid
> of the collocation at Yahoo is to improve the situation with on-site
> maintenance. So getting sparc64 hosts set up it the project cluster
> may actually be feasible now. I probably should check with glen at .
>
> Anyway, how many arm, mips, powerpc and powerpc64 reference machines
> are there in the project cluster and available for general use by
> developers?

Unfortunately, zero arm and mips.  We have three powerpc machines (that
I know of) being relocated from ISC to another colocation facility, but
I am not entirely certain which are powerpc or powerpc64, so cannot give
exact numbers.

Glen