FreeBSD 10-STABLE/sparc64 panic

Nathaniel W Filardo nwf at cs.jhu.edu
Sun May 18 23:59:14 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 01:06:41PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>   Nathaniel, I assume you saw Eric's email saying he'd narrowed it down to
> r263478?  If that's accurate, it links it to four revisions from head.  So, that
> is a big head start on the bisection...  I'd think r262763 is the obvious candidate
> of the four mentioned, as it's the only big one.  At that point we'll need someone
> pretty familiar with the networking parts of the kernel and sparc64, and I'm
> certain I can't fill that role.

Indeed.  After staring at the changes for a while and getting nowhere, on a
whim, I removed everything of substance in that commit in a new build of the
head of stable/10 branch (that is, I nuked all the counter_* calls and
renamed the counter entry so that I was sure I didn't miss any) and it still
panic()d in the same way.  Nothing else looks like it could possibly
manipulate spinlocks, so just to be sure I'm re-bisecting.  If this
bisection yields the same result, I'll probably try diffing the generated
assembler, but I'm not sure what I expect to see from that.

Cheers,
--nwf;