FreeBSD 10-STABLE/sparc64 panic

Chris Ross cross+freebsd at distal.com
Sun May 18 17:08:34 UTC 2014

On May 18, 2014, at 04:34 , Nathaniel W Filardo <nwf at cs.jhu.edu> wrote:
> I am experiencing this, too, after a recent fresh install of stable/10 on my
> V240 (2x1.53GHz).  [...]
>
> Manually bringing up bge0 (with net.link.log_link_state_change=0) at least
> got me a system where I could fetch the 10-RELEASE kernel.txz file.  This
> bisection is going to be very painful, but here goes nothing.
>
> I don't know if this is informative or useless data.  Hopefully the former.

  Good to have more data.  I can generate more such information with a simple
"reboot" command if anyone would like.  ;-)

  Nathaniel, I assume you saw Eric's email saying he'd narrowed it down to
r263478?  If that's accurate, it links it to four revisions from head.  So, that
is a big head start on the bisection...  I'd think r262763 is the obvious candidate
of the four mentioned, as it's the only big one.  At that point we'll need someone
pretty familiar with the networking parts of the kernel and sparc64, and I'm
certain I can't fill that role.

  Good luck with your scouting, Nathaniel.  Let us know what you find.

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=263478
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=262763

                     - Chris